Product/Industry:Variable Frequency Drive panels for the HVAC industry.
Customer:Yaskawa Electric America, Inc.
- 100% on-time during prototype development
- Implementation and use of 3-D models to speed development
- 2 week lead-time from model to prototype
- Zero inventory at supplier/customer implemented
Yaskawa was under a short product development cycle to get their product to market. They were searching for a supplier that could provide short lead-times in both development as well as production. Yaskawa does not carry finished goods inventory and was looking for a supplier to meet those requirements.
- Short development and design cycle
- Zero inventory at supplier/customer desired
- Prototypes to be exact to drawings on first run
- Short production lead-time
HUI worked closely with Yaskawa to utilize Solid Works 3-D models. They went the extra mile to make sure that all of the requested prototypes throughout the project were delivered per specification and on-time. HUI met aggressive delivery requirements since product launch. Yaskawa does not carry finished goods inventory, which means a leaner supply chain, and ultimately, a lower cost with less risk on the product.
- Greg Davies, Director of Operations