Controller Job Description:
Looking to become part of a team that offers a collaborative, flexible working environment with the ability to pave the way for the future company growth?
At HUI, you will be part of a hardworking team and have the opportunity to learn and grow alongside a group of supportive and respectful individuals in a fast pace work environment.
HUI is focused on ensuring employees achieve career goals and advancements. This position will have potential to grow within the company.
- Outstanding, low cost, comprehensive benefit plans
- Remarkable vacation package
- Competitive salaries
- Retirement plan with a pronounced company match
- Onsite fitness center
- Flexible schedules to maintain work/life balances
The Controller is responsible for leading and managing the company’s overall accounting, cash management, and cost accounting activities. This is a strategic, big picture, forward thinking position with hands on elements. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Leadership Team.
- Accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of monthly and yearly financial reports.
- Leader of day-to-day finance operations by performing and supervising the accounting staff.
- Establishing/maintaining/improving the company’s accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Protects the company’s assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Responsible for cash management and risk management.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provides strategic recommendations to the CEO and Leadership Team.
- Advises on long-term business and financial planning.
- Assist leadership in the annual and monthly budgeting and planning process, communication of financial results and keep leadership abreast of financial status.
- Planning, studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activities such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Working with Materials Manager, conduct physical inventories and monitor cycle count program.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw material, manufacturing methods to determine effect on cost.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Be a point of contact for bankers, outside accounting firms, 401k providers, and insurance companies.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements for payroll, corporate taxes, 401(K) by knowing existing and new legislation and filing timely reports and deposits