HUI: Centered Around You!
If you are looking for a collaborative, team based work environment where you are encouraged to apply your talent and make an impact on changes, HUI wants you to join our team!
HUI holds employees in high regard, placing a strong value on ensuring employees achieve their maximum career growth while maintaining a positive work/life balance. At HUI, employees are treated as professional, adults who are accountable for the work they perform.
- Outstanding, low cost, comprehensive benefit plans
- Remarkable vacation package
- Competitive salaries
- Retirement plan with a pronounced company match
- Onsite fitness center
- Flexible schedules to maintain work/life balances
The Controller is responsible for leading and managing the company’s overall financial operations. This is a strategic, big picture, forward thinking position with hands on elements. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Leadership Team to make recommendations on financial matters and operations. The ideal candidate will have the potential to grow into a future CFO role.
- Responsible for overall management and direction of the quality, accuracy and thoroughness of all general accounting activities of HUI. Includes accounting for financial contracts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, daily cash control and deposits, bank reconciliation, quarterly and yearly tax preparation etc. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, monthly journal entries and month-end reports according to established procedures. Prepare special reports as requested.
- Safeguards the financial resources of the business through establishing and monitoring programs for internal controls and general security. Plans for and effectively manages cash flow and makes determinations of when and where to invest cash, when to pay debt, etc., to maximize return.
- Reviews and closely monitors variety of regular financial reports (P&L, balance sheets, cash flow statements, etc.,) Collects data, analyzes information, prepares reports, distributes reports and makes recommendations from these reports.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by producing accurate financial statements; providing information to external accountants.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans. Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Works closely with the CEO to establish financial objectives and goals.
- Acts as a liaison for HUI with banking institutions and officials, attorneys, accountants and other vendors and consultants.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching and mentoring employees.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements for payroll, corporate taxes, 401(K) by knowing existing and new legislation and filing timely reports and deposits.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a financial controller position.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to growth.
- A proactive, hands on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for finance and accounting.
- Technology savvy with experience and knowledge of ERP systems (TCM by Work Wise), and Microsoft Office
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Understands lean manufacturing concepts and how to apply them in financial results/reporting.
- Familiar with Lean Accounting and its application in an agility based manufacturing environment.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and
- communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Desire to take risks, be flexible, learn, and grow both personally and professionally.
90% - Manufacturing environment; clean, low to moderate noise, safety glasses required and other personal protective equipment where applicable
10% - Office environment