Weekend Shift Supervisor:
HUI: Centered Around You!
If you are looking for a collaborative, team based work environment where you are encouraged to apply your talent and make an impact on changes, HUI wants you to join our team!
HUI holds employees in high regard, placing a strong value on ensuring employees achieve their maximum career growth while maintaining a positive work/life balance. At HUI, employees are treated as professional, adults who are accountable for the work they perform.
- Outstanding, low cost, comprehensive benefit plans
- Remarkable vacation package
- Competitive salaries
- Retirement plan with a pronounced company match
- Onsite fitness center
- Flexible schedules to maintain work/life balances
The Weekend Supervisor is a member of the Operations Team and plays a key role in providing leadership to deliver business results and operational improvements. The Weekend Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing operations for the weekend shift along with cultivating a strong group dynamic and a collaborative team environment.
- Direct, coach, and develop the weekend shift employees.
- Recognize and celebrate employees’ efforts and successes.
- Meet or exceed department KPIs of schedule attainment, PPM, and on-time.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements in methods and processes to increase productivity and quality.
- Improve group dynamics by aligning accountability and core values throughout the department. Engage the team for accountability by addressing problem-solving and conflict resolution capabilities as they arise.
- Educate employees on HUI’s 5 Performance Pillars: Positive attitude, good work pace, good attendance, following process and good teammate; hold employees accountable immediately when you see those not meeting the requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve process and equipment issues to ensure daily production targets are being met.
- Process time approvals and vacation requests for all weekend shift employees.
- Facilitate huddle meetings with employees as well as real issue meetings.
- Set individual/departmental goals in training and development, and performance measures.
- Champion HUI’s Lean journey.
- Address all disciplinary issues that arise and ensure the proper correction action is in place.
- Maintain proper safety conditions in compliance with OSHA and internal best practices.
- Ensure incident investigation and root cause analysis are conducted whenever an incident occurs. Ensure the incident report is completed immediately and action items are addressed in a timely manner. Review accident site and meet with people involved.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding employee relations.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Associates degree in Supervisory Management required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven coaching and leadership skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and knowledge of ERP systems (TCM by Work Wise).
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to take risks, be flexible, learn, and grow both personally and professionally.
- Ability to problem solve and implement new ideas.
- Ability to handle an open dialog; effectively take and give feedback, learn and grow.
90% - Manufacturing environment; clean, low to moderate noise, safety glasses required and other personal protective equipment where applicable
10% - Office environment